Application for Officers and the Board of Directors
BE A SACRAMENTO REALTIST LEADER
Serving on the Sacramento Realtist Association (SRA) Board is one of the most rewarding ways for you as a leader to bring your expertise to the service of our community in the Sacramento region. SRA’s mission is to enhance the economic empowerment of its members and the community through education, community involvement and legislative involvement. We are committed to democracy in housing, which increases the opportunity for homeownership.
This year, applications open on Monday, November 30, 2020, and will be due no later than Tuesday, December 15, 2020.
HOW ARE MEMBERS OF THE SRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS SELECTED?
Each year, the SRA President appoints a Nominating Committee, which is comprised of not less than four members. The nominating committee will carefully review and assess all applications against the position description profile and will select a “short list” of candidates for the December ballot. They will then conduct candidate phone interviews and/or reference checks. After completing interviews, the committee will develop the recommended slate of officer and board candidates for the 2021 ballot. Voting will take place online this year by Active SRA members. The new Board of Directors will serve a one-year term. The current President is serving a two-year term (2020 and 2021).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & OFFICER POSITIONS
- Ist Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- Assistant Treasurer
- Director (4)
POWERS AND DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- To discharge the customary duties of his/her office and those imposed upon him/her by the board of Directors.
- To preside or appoint a member to preside ever all meetings of the membership and to have the deciding vote in the event of a tie.
- To create additional standing committees and special committees and appoint a chairman for each committee pursuant to Article VIII, Sections 1 and 2.
- To sign all identification cards, contracts, and other instruments which have been duly approved by the Board of Directors.
- To sign checks pursuant to Article VIII, Section 4, Subsection D.
- Vice President. In the absence of the President, or in the event of his/her inability neglect, or refusal to act, the functions of the office of the President shall be performed by the Vice President.
- He/she shall conduct at least one (1) of more educational seminars quarterly and work to increase the membership of the local board in said region.
- To set up general membership meetings in conjunction with the President and send out notices of time and place.
- To supervise the operation of the office of the Association, if applicable and all administrative affairs of the Board of Directors; to provide for the care and protection of the personal property of the Association.
- Upon expiration of his/her term, or in case of death, resignation, or removal, the secretary or his legal representative shall deliver to his successor or to persons designated by the Board of Directors all books, documents, or other property of the Association.
- To keep a proper membership book showing the date and number of each certificate of membership, to whom issued, the dates of forfeiture, cancellation, or other disposition of such certificates.
- It shall be the duty of the secretary to be responsible for the recordation of the minutes of all meetings of the membership and the Board of Directors; to give notice of said meetings; to keep records of all proceedings, activities, and transactions of the Association; to have custody of the seal and all books and records of the Association; and to affix the seal to all instruments requiring same.
- To issue all notices pursuant to the By-laws, and directives of the officers and the Board of Directors upon authorization by the Secretary.
- To receive all monies of and for the Association; to immediately record said monies upon the proper account books of the Association, Lu issue the proper account books of the Association, to issue receipts thereof.
- The duties of the treasurer shall be to receive and keep in a depository designated by the Board of Directors all funds of the Association, to endorse all drafts “For Deposit Only:” to keep accurate account of all monies received, deposited, and disbursed, to render financial statements at regular meetings or at any time upon request by the Board of Directors.
- Upon expiration of his/her term, or in case of death, resignation, or removal, the treasurer or his/her legal representative shall deliver to his/her successor or persons designated by the Board of Directors, all monies, hooks, papers, or other property of the Board.
- Assistant Secretary. May be elected as needed.
- The Parliamentarian shall be versed in the rules and usage of parliamentary law and shall serve as parliamentary advisor for all meetings and proceedings of the Association. He/she shall be consulted by the presiding officer whenever an issue of procedure confronts the body. His rulings and decisions shall be fair and impartial.
- The parliamentarian shall be versed in the By-laws and policies of the Association.
- To police meetings.
Duties of the board
- To meet periodically pursuant to provisions of the Bylaws and the exigencies of necessity.
- To perform all other necessary duties for the successful operation of the Association.
- Work to increase the membership of the local boards
- Chair at least one (1) local board committee as assigned by the President
- To meet periodically pursuant to provisions of the Bylaws and the exigencies of necessity
- Directors shall be versed in the By-laws and policies of the Association.